How To: Manually install flash on your Samsung Android Device

Posted on Oct 3 2012 - 6:01pm by Brian

One of the big selling points of Android devices was their Adobe Flash compatibility. Now that flash is being phased out of convention, you won’t be able to download flash from the Play Market. That however doesn’t mean that you can’t get it.

Disclaimer: We at CareAce take no responsibility for the results of the actions you are about to take. Keep in mind that you are about to install software that is not officially supported and could result in security and stability issues, particularly on Android 4.1 or newer.

Okay, now that we know what we are getting into, let’s make sure we have everything we need. Make sure you are running some version of Android 2.2-4.1. In the case of Jelly Bean, make sure you have a stock browser other than Chrome which doesn’t support flash.

1. Make sure you can sideload apps (more info about sideloading here). Go to Settings > Applications > and check “Unknown sources” for Android 2.2 or 2.3, and Settings > Security for Android 4.1

2.  Now we have to procure the .apk installation file of flash. Download the latest version here.

3. Move the .apk to your phone and install it

4. Now pop open your stock browser:

• If you are on Android 3.0 or later, go to Menu > Settings > Advanced > Enable plug-ins
  • For Android 2.2 or 2.3, go to Menu > [more] Settings > Enable plug-ins

5. You should now have Flash working on your device!

If you have any questions or comments, please leave us a comment below.

1. Mobile Applications September 17, 2014 at 4:10 am -

Just now I have read it all and i have to try it.

2. vente a domicile August 3, 2013 at 3:25 pm -

I wrote this article myself, and it has lead a national effort to police advertising and marketing on pinterest products and so
    specialties like online marketing on pinterest
    have become a rewarding position in many firms. Until you
    have a favorite go to blog for all of us. It is hard to believe
    that many CMO s need to think about how your audience
    interacts; it’s about educating your prospects. This dependence poses a threat to fast food companies that focus on these type of therapeutics.

3. Sebastian July 3, 2013 at 12:03 pm -

I’ve done as instructed and doesn’t work. Google Chrome in advanced options doesn’t have enable plug ins. The stock browser on my galaxy note 10.1 does, but still does not operate live Flash content on the websites ie. Playing games. :( others write it worked. Where have I gone wrong?

4. pkcbtm May 25, 2013 at 2:35 am -

this apk 100% works flash websites !!
    good luck PkCBtM

5. Mikeg April 24, 2013 at 10:33 pm -

just tried it in a Samsung Note 10.1 running Jellybean and then d/l a Flash cartoon and it worked.

6. Brian April 24, 2013 at 5:42 pm -

Hey guys,

If you are having the issue with the blue “?” box, try our updated guide here: http://www.careace.net/2013/04/24/update-manually-install-flash-for-any-samsung-android-device/

7. patricia April 23, 2013 at 9:00 am -

well i read it all, and it doesnt work… I only can see that little blue box with the question mark…. And the same in firefox and opera… Really, why do i have to download another browser?? When in the previous version of android everything was fine!!!!

Is there another solution?!! The reason a have this galaxy was for the flashplayer!!

8. Darnisha April 9, 2013 at 9:44 am -

I see the same blue question mark cube. I have a Samsung SII. I followed the instructions exactly as they were written.

9. Brian April 5, 2013 at 5:51 pm -

Tracy, the little blue question mark indicates that flash player was not installed properly. What device are you using?

10. Tracy April 5, 2013 at 9:07 am -

Thank you for the attempt at finding a solution but the little blue question mark cube is not helping and no additional feedback is just plain frustrating! Maybe your back went out like mine and it’s why you haven’t responded to the numerous other posts. Feel better dude!

11. mimosa March 12, 2013 at 5:45 pm -

Where is this so called “menu”>”settings”>”advanced”?????????

12. Mgordon28 February 28, 2013 at 7:01 am -

Sorry, the name seems to have disappeared.

It is called YouTube Object 2iframe, version 1,4

13. Mgordon28 February 28, 2013 at 7:00 am -

I have just installed the latest OTA Jellybean update yesterday and downloaded the latest version of Firefox. Among the currently few Android extensions available is one called . It says that “it converts old-style Flash embeds into new-style iframe embeds. This allows for HTML5 playback without Flash”.
    Previously, I often saw the logo, but now it reappears again initially, then you click it, and lo, the video plays, with sound.

14. james February 27, 2013 at 1:40 am -

I just did thos on my galaxy s3 running jellybean… the problem I have now is that instead of getting the “install flash” error when opening an app I now get a little blue “lego block” with ? On it… please help

15. why February 24, 2013 at 12:42 pm -

Why do you want us to leave comments, you haven’t answered any questions. I don’t have “enable plug-ins” as an option ANYWHERE on the Galaxy S3. What a fucking joke.

16. bbkane February 3, 2013 at 8:21 am -

Not functioning in my note 10.1… :( i cant watch any videos..

17. destiny January 28, 2013 at 6:50 pm -

someone please help meee. I have a tf700 transformer infinity pad… how do I go about getting the flash player onto my device ???

18. Joey January 23, 2013 at 2:26 pm -

Galaxy NoteII…
    downloaded, installed… running.
    Period.

19. michelle January 20, 2013 at 3:25 am -

Will this work for 4.2 jelly bean I can’t seem to get it to work thanks for the apk. It shows I have it installed but its not working.

20. 1mpulse January 3, 2013 at 3:26 am -

Thank you, it works!

21. Bikash December 26, 2012 at 1:36 pm -

my device is tab2 10.1. i couldn’t even find the option “advance” under my setting.

22. Derek December 20, 2012 at 12:07 pm -

This is a result of the Apple / Samsung war / lawsuit, Apple took over Adobe and is making Samsung suffer for stealing their technology, Unless Samsung comes up with a Flash they will be going down the tubes

23. MikeG28 December 17, 2012 at 11:07 am -

I have tried this on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. Moved the .apk file to the Samsung folder and ran it. Android 4.0.4. Also cannot find any box for “Allow plug-ins”.
    Device claims to have installed and appears in the application list but does nothing.
    I saw comment re Chrome so am using the default Internet browser.
    Any ideas welcome

24. dp December 14, 2012 at 7:45 pm -

I have tried everything suggested on this site and others for my Samsung Galaxy S3. NOTHING is working! I have tried different brosers, different versions of Flash Player, etc. All indications looking at my app manager are that Flash is installed correctly, and plug-ins are enabled, too. HELP!!! I am going to have to return this phone if I can’t get this to work.

Thanks for any troubleshooting advice.

25. Mel December 12, 2012 at 11:59 am -

Worked like a charm on the GS2. Thx!!!

26. Adam December 5, 2012 at 6:24 pm -

I have a Motorola Bionic and am working I CS and I followed all the steps and flash does not work however it shows up in my app drawer

27. Blkwclass December 3, 2012 at 6:40 pm -

I am using the Dolphin Browser Mini.

28. Blkwclass December 3, 2012 at 6:39 pm -

I followed the instructions several times, but I continue to get a message that states, “It seems you don’t have the latest version of Flash installed. Please visit http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to get the latest version.

It shows that I have downloaded Adobe 11.1 in my apps list.

29. FeelBadAboutFlashSupport November 29, 2012 at 6:41 pm -

I got an old version of the Flash Player from Adobe’s Achevie website and installed to my NEXUS7. It does not work unfortunately. No error message. When I visit any Webpage with the Flash content, no image or video.

30. Laurie November 29, 2012 at 4:08 pm -

hi.i an having the save problem as Lucy….flashing and no audio. i am Trying to install flash on my galaxy tab 2 and my Motorola RAZR . thank you!

31. kamal November 22, 2012 at 6:51 am -

hi……..
    i have bought samsung galaxy tab 2 icecream sandwich…but it dosent support flash player an i did not found on play store aslo.

is there any link or any other way to get flash on my tab….

please help.
    thanks.

32. Lewis November 16, 2012 at 7:21 am -

Just bought the samsung tab 2 7.0.
    Where do get the adobe flash .apk file?
    I’m new at this tablet stuff :)

33. fred November 14, 2012 at 1:24 pm -

i have the file now were it says
    3. Move the .apk to your phone and install it
    how do you get it to phone and how do yoy install it on phone

34. fred November 14, 2012 at 1:24 pm -

i have the file now were it says
    3. Move the .apk to your phone and install it
    how do you get it to phone and how do yoy install it on store?

35. Michael November 14, 2012 at 6:26 am -

I’m using Samsung Tab2 running Android 4.0.3.

Is there a step by step guide to install the flash player?

36. cbs November 10, 2012 at 11:28 am -

@Bar thank you for that link. I downloaded first file for 4.0.4 and it worked! Can’t believe flash is no longer supported on new devices, it is still everywhere. Ridiculous.
    (Galaxy S II X)

37. bob November 10, 2012 at 4:22 am -

WILL THIS WORK FOR THE SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE?

38. lucy November 5, 2012 at 10:51 pm -

i did what u said and it work but the audio doesnt work and it flashes a lot.

39. Mar65 November 1, 2012 at 5:17 pm -

forums.adobe.com/message/4783174 and chose #2 Chris Campbell
    Worked for me

40. Bar October 29, 2012 at 11:32 am -

@lai Thank you so much! here is direct link to instructions http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061194?tstart=0

41. lai October 29, 2012 at 11:17 am -

I have Samsung galaxy 10.2, can’t find plug_in option, can’t get it to work. So I went back to web site forums.adobe.com/message/4783174 and chose #2 Chris Campbell. It WORK!!!!

42. Brian October 25, 2012 at 11:04 am -

Tried this on a new Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Android 4.0.4) and the flash still doesn’t work.

43. marwin October 25, 2012 at 9:58 am -

hi…..how to update it? :D

44. yogesh October 24, 2012 at 10:32 pm -

I can’t find the setting to enable Plug-ins in my Samsung Galaxy s3. flash is installed but still not working. please help.

45. al October 23, 2012 at 2:55 pm -

android version 4.0.4

46. al October 23, 2012 at 2:55 pm -

samsung galaxy tab 10 tryed this and still dont have flash any suggestions

47. Paula Bishop October 23, 2012 at 4:48 am -

I recently purchased an ASUS eee tablet running androd 4.03, have installed what seems like multiple flash players now, including the install_flash.apk thing, and nothing seems to work. Plugins are automatically enabled using the default browser. I’m trying to enable flash content so that I can use my eBook for Math in class. It’s driving me crazy, and any advice would be appreciated. I see the Flash player in my apps, and the only option left is “uninstall” which makes me think it’s installed, but when I go to “running apps” it does not display Flash. thanks!

48. Bar October 21, 2012 at 9:48 am -

First of all thanks for you providing this information.
    I have Galaxy S3 and can’t find the setting to enable Plug-ins.. So if you could please help me with this I would greatly appreciated.

49. pcnexus October 21, 2012 at 2:40 am -

but a nice trick.Thanks for the tricks.

50. pcnexus October 21, 2012 at 2:39 am -

I already posted about manual installation on android 3 times .