Thanks to Graham Kellighan who commented on our Galaxy Note Tip Collection for this article idea. For many first time users, it is not clear how you can add your own custom ringtones to your shiny new note, but for us hardened Samsung Galaxy veterans, we just simply have to think back to how we did this on the Galaxy S devices.
1. The first step to adding custom notifications and ringtones must be done on our computers. First, making sure your phone is not on debug mode (Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > Debugg off), connect your Note to your computer via USB and navigate to the Notifications folder:
- My Computer > SGH-I717
- Choose the Note’s Phone memory
- Select the Media folder
- Select the Audio folder
- Select the Notifications folder
- Drag and drop your notification files into this folder
2. Now onto the Note–fire up Menu > Settings> Sounds
3. Select Notification ringtone and your newly placed notifications should appear on the selection list
To add your own custom ringtones, simply create a new folder and name it “Ringtones,” and place it in your Note’s directory like so: Media/Audio/Ringtones.
For more useful guides, check out our Galaxy Note Tip Collection.