We’ve done plenty an article on Samsung’s very own Kies syncing software, but we haven’t quite shown you the low down on how you can use its built in backup and restore feature.
It’s really quite simple–Kies has a built in backup and restore function that allows you to save your:
- To do
- Mini diary
- Call log
- Miscellaneous content files
- Preferences and ringtones
- Network settings an bookmarks
- Email account information
1. First off, you need to download Samsung’s Kies Software.
2. Next, make sure you have debug mode off (Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > Uncheck Debug)
3. Now you can connect your Galaxy S II to your computer–select the “Back up/Restore” tab. Select the items you would like to backup:
3. Now hit the “Back up” button:
4. Now your files should be backed up to the directory shown in the first screen shot. You can change the default location by going to Tools > Preferences > Folder Location > Edit
5. You can access the restore function by scrolling down in the Back up/Restore section and hitting “Restore.”
6. Now you can choose which backup file to use, and which portions of content you would like to restore:
7. Now that your phone’s precious data is safe and sound, you can put your mind at ease!
For more Galaxy S II tips and how tos, check out our archive.