Samsung’s latest application gets an early jump on this year’s upcoming 2012 Olympics. As you may know, the 2012 summer Olympics will be held in the good ‘ol United Kingdom, which is home too… well I’m not all too sure, but luckily this application can answer those questions for us!
Best of Britain is a collaboration between Samsung and Britain’s tourism agency, designed to help the estimated 30.7 million visitors find all the top restaurants, museums, entertainment and other amazing attractions in Britain. The application’s key features include these 5 main categories:
- Near Me: A location based service that makes sure you don’t miss out on that great little cafe that is right in front of you, but would have otherwise never noticed
- Eating and Drinking: Whether you are jonesing for a bite or thirsting for a drink, Best of Britain will find you the best British restaurants and show you the fastest way to get there
- Search: Already know what you are looking for? Simply type in your keywords or destinations into the search bar and this application will give you all the details
- Destination Guide: This sections provides in-depth guides to the hundreds of must-see villages, towns and cities throughout Britain.
- Top 10: Need help making a decision? Why not peruse the Top 10 section which will help you find the best shops, restaurants and bars, as well as a plethora of great activities to do
It’s really awesome to see Samsung fulfilling its role as an Olympic Worldwide Partner by teaming up with the British tourism agency. Hope fully we can see further collaboration in preparation for the 2012 Summer Games with technologies such as NFC being implemented.
Via Samsung Tomorrow