How To: 2 ways to transfer files via USB Mass Storage Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S II

Posted on Sep 15 2011 - 2:43pm by Brian

Transferring files between your computer and Galaxy S II is very simple, but their are a couple steps you have to take in order to make sure things go smoothly.

In this article I will be going over two different methods of transferring data between your phone and computer.

Method 1: USB Debugging Mode

1. Enable USB debugging by navigating to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging

2.  Connect your phone via USB to your computer: pull down the notification bar > select ‘USB connected’ to copy files to/from your computer > hit ‘Connect USB storage’

3. Now you are ready to transfer files; navigate to the directory you wish to use and simply drag and drop your files.

4. To disconnect, simply reverse step two.

5. Navigate to the files on your phone by using the ‘My Files’ application:

Method 2: Sans USB debugging mode

To transfer files with your PC without enabling USB debugging,

1. Go to Settings > Wireless network

2. Select USB utilities > Connect storage to PC

3. Now you can plug in the USB cable and transfer files.

I hope that was helpful! For more tips and tricks, check out our Galaxy S II Tips and How To archive.

1. Khakie August 29, 2012 at 2:08 pm -

Very helpful i am glad thanks

2. Capt Ravi August 27, 2012 at 11:25 pm -

Brian

Thanks Yaar

You are too good. Found solution to my Kies Air problem after 7 months of my purchase.

Thanks again

Capt Ravi

3. Prateek July 4, 2012 at 2:27 am -

Thanks a lot…

4. kurs prawa jazdy warszawa February 27, 2012 at 4:36 am -

I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my problem. You are amazing! Thanks!

5. Shahid Sarfraz January 4, 2012 at 10:05 pm -

Dear Sir,
    Thanks for cooperation.Problem was solved.
    Regards,

6. Taikhoom October 14, 2011 at 2:37 am -

Hi..

My phone uses first method to connect USB.

But the problem is, it is not getting connected to the PC…it jus scans memory and shows message it is safe to remove SD card

Please help me