Transferring files between your computer and Galaxy S II is very simple, but their are a couple steps you have to take in order to make sure things go smoothly.
In this article I will be going over two different methods of transferring data between your phone and computer.
Method 1: USB Debugging Mode
1. Enable USB debugging by navigating to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging
2. Connect your phone via USB to your computer: pull down the notification bar > select ‘USB connected’ to copy files to/from your computer > hit ‘Connect USB storage’
3. Now you are ready to transfer files; navigate to the directory you wish to use and simply drag and drop your files.
4. To disconnect, simply reverse step two.
5. Navigate to the files on your phone by using the ‘My Files’ application:
Method 2: Sans USB debugging mode
To transfer files with your PC without enabling USB debugging,
1. Go to Settings > Wireless network
2. Select USB utilities > Connect storage to PC
3. Now you can plug in the USB cable and transfer files.
I hope that was helpful! For more tips and tricks, check out our Galaxy S II Tips and How To archive.