How to use WPS button connection on Samsung Galaxy S

Posted on Mar 18 2011 - 1:17pm by Hansoo

One of CareAce readers have dropped a question regarding WPS button connection on the Samsung Galaxy S.

What is the WPS button connection on the Galaxy S really do? i try once and it show a message (press WPS on your Wi-Fi access point within 2 minutes). my Q is that where the hell is that button? or how do i really use this function ? pls advice?

by Adrian

The feature doesn’t come from default Android OS, Samsung provides it exclusively to help users set WPS-enabled Wi-Fi easily.

WPS(Wi-Fi Protected Setup) is a standard in this phone for easy and secure wireless network connections.  Most recent released Wi-Fi router comes with this feature.

If your Wi-Fi router has a WPS button, you simply press the button on the device, then they will find the link and connect securely.  You will no longer need to enter the information such as a network name and a wireless password or a encryption key.

1. Turn on Wi-Fi first.

2. Press WPS button connection where Setting > Wireless and network > Wi-Fi settings

3. Now press WPS button on your Wi-Fi router For many routers. WPS button on the router needed to be pressed more than two seconds.

?

Try to surf the internet. Isn’t it convenient?  Enjoy the WPS connection!

1. Chtrang Kapasi August 29, 2014 at 11:10 pm -

hi I am using Samsung galaxy s duos gt-s7562.I recently tried connected to a WiFi whose password is not known to me.router was easily accessible and wps button was available..I checked “show advanced options” on my phone and selected wps button as a way of authentication.then a screen popped up showing press wps button on router within 2 minutes.I did so and was connected to that router.status appears as connected.signal strength is very high but still I’m not able to open any page on my phone.it randomly sends some bytes n no page opens up.
    what is the reason for this?? is password also required for connection or only wps button is sufficient?? please help….!!

2. Sierra January 2, 2013 at 10:19 am -

So on my galaxy s wen i want to connect to wifi with the button on the wifi settings the is nothing that say the button WPA

3. Tara December 28, 2012 at 10:43 am -

We stumbled over here from a different web page and thought I might check things out.

I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to exploring
    your web page again.

4. phillip December 5, 2012 at 12:00 am -

thanks man big help

5. EMM October 29, 2012 at 11:28 pm -

Connecting using the password works well, as long as the wifi spot owner wants to share it.

6. Brian October 11, 2012 at 7:01 pm -

Why are there no answers on this site????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

7. Rhitam September 29, 2012 at 9:06 am -

My problem is a bit different. My wifi router has a WPS button, but the thing is my device doesn’t respond even when I press the button longer than two seconds. What is this WPS anyway and how is it different from normal wifi connection?

8. joeylee September 3, 2012 at 6:13 pm -

Hi, I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos but I have found a SOLUTION for all of you:
    If your Wifi Router does not have a WPS button (mine also do not have), this is what you can do:

1) Click Settings > Wireless & Networks
    2) then Click Wi-fi Settings
    3) then Click Wifi
    4) then Click Network notification
    5) then Click Add Wifi Network:
    – you will see NETWORK SSID box
    – type the name of the Wifi provider that is “within range and with strong signal”. e.g. robinson.com, hsbc.com, etc.
    – if the Security Box reads OPEN > Click save. DONE!
    – if the Security Box ask for Password > Type in password. DONE.
    – if you do not know the Password, ask the owner of the Wifi for it. If he refused, forget it. You can not connect.

It worked for me… hope it does for you too!

9. Shy_Support_Chick August 10, 2012 at 6:07 pm -

Where is the WPS button on ICS Samsung Galaxy s3?
    I’ve looked everywhere.

10. Mark July 29, 2012 at 2:56 pm -

Hello,

I have a Samsung Note…
    I am have the same problem with WPS when i press the button it fails to connect??? what do you think???

11. pweg April 21, 2012 at 8:34 am -

I have a Galaxy Skyrocket and a netgear router. Tried wps connection and still can not get it to connect. It says wps fail. Any ideas?

12. Brian March 5, 2012 at 11:33 am -

You can connect traditionally using a WPA security or setting your wifi network to ‘open’ although I would not recommend that.

13. Jill Duggan March 4, 2012 at 3:05 am -

I do not have a WPS button on my router – please help me connect my Tablet to the internet.

14. kurs prawa jazdy warszawa February 27, 2012 at 4:36 am -

Highly descriptive post, I loved that bit. Will there be a part 2?

15. Brian January 16, 2012 at 10:58 am -

I believe you can it the cancel button and connect traditionally

16. francine January 15, 2012 at 9:17 am -

i’m using samsung galaxy W (GI8150) and trying to connect in Public WI-FI…but the message “press WPS on your Wi-Fi access point within 2 minutes” shows.
    I’m in a public WI-FI how can I connect without the “WPS button” thing?

17. ganesh January 5, 2012 at 9:01 pm -

i had the same problem with samsung galaxy s and cisco linksysy e2000. After pressing the wps button connection tab on galaxy s and then pressing the button (marked with two arrows)on the router, solved the issue.

18. maali December 16, 2011 at 10:04 am -

samsung galaxy II S
    How to disable WPS function?

19. shailaj singh September 14, 2011 at 11:12 am -

hello sir i’ve purcheased a samsung galaxy s2 i9100.
    and my question is very important for all the galaxy users
    if the wifi security is bit higher wifi dosent connect in my phone although i input a correct password but in the same rourter other brand mobile phone can connect to wifi for eg. HTC,NOKIA, SE etc WHY?
    I come to know that samsung cant break the high rate of security although the password is correctly inpute please answer my question as soon as possible.

20. shailaj singh September 14, 2011 at 10:21 am -

hello sir i’ve purcheased a samsung galaxy s2 i9100.
    and my question is very important for all the galaxy users
    if the wifi security is bit higher wifi dosent connect in my phone although i input password but in the same rourter other brand mobile can connect to wifi for eg. HTC,NOKIA, SE etc WHY?
    I come to know that samsung cant break the high rate of security altho the password is correctly inpute please answer my question as soon as possible.

21. samwise gamgee September 9, 2011 at 9:39 pm -

i just looked at my router – it didn’t have a button lables wps but it had a single prominent button with a symbol that looks like two curved arrows in the shape of a circle. After starting the 2 minute timer on the phone I just held the button till the router lights blinked. Shortly thereafter the connection was established. Easiest way to do it. Otherwise i have to enter my wireless password from the cellphone.

22. sonia bolante June 11, 2011 at 5:18 am -

hi
    I wasn´t able to connect to the internet via wi-fi because i tried it but there was a message saying that “press WPS on your Wi-Fi access point within 2 minutes” i looked at my router but it has no WPS button.is there other way aside from that because this router i have at home is kinda old model.can you please advice me regarding this matter.thank you.

23. Adrian March 19, 2011 at 2:30 am -

Topic : Mobile Java

Hi careace guru,
    while i was surfing one of the website on my Galaxy S mobile phone.
    I face this problem,that show a message =(we have detected that your phone,device or computing platform does not support Java SE.)and the story goes on to KVM + JVM something something.
    KVM must be installed by the manufacturer,not availiable for download ot install by consumer!

What a joke is this?(what they say is High-end smartphone).
    How do we consumer will come to know that Samsung didn’t install this Apps into the smartphone,and this make it become a dump-smart-phone.

Careace guru,is there any advice to download or install that Apps to make surfing easy? thank you