4 ways of how to turn off 3G network connection and use only Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 7 2011 - 1:09pm by Hansoo

We’ve been asked frequently how to turn off 3G network connection and use only Wi-Fi on Samsung Galaxy S. We have a long thread post, Samsung Galaxy S: Will Wifi turn off 3G?, but we’d like to reorganize the information regarding the tip in the post.

1. Turn on Wifi

When you turn on WiFi, you notice that the 3G icon in the notification bar disappears and the WiFi indicator took its place.  It should be as indicated.

2. Deactivate Data network mode

Most of Samsung Galaxy S Froyo version provide this feature natively. Press and hold the power button, then you will see the ‘Phone options’ allowing you to deactivate Data network.

Note : As far as we researched, only Samsung Android Phones having Touchwiz UI support this feature.

Otherwise, go to Setting > Wireless and Network > ‘Mobile networks > uncheck ‘Use packet data’.

3. Using applications or widget

-. APN On-Off widget

It is a simply widget activate and deactivate your mobile data connection on the homescreen.

-. Quick settings.

There is a free app called ‘Quick settings’ enabling you to manipulate data connection as well as other system settings.

There are a lot of alternatives if you look for the apps with ‘APN’ keywords.

4. *#*#4636#*#*

To disable and turn off data connection, do the following steps in Android mobile phone:

• Open dialer.
  • Dial *#*#4636#*#* to open “Testing” screen.
  • Tap on Phone Information.
  • Press the Menu button.
  • Tap on Disable data connection to disconnect and make inactive any data connection immediately.

1. CharmDate September 2, 2015 at 9:45 pm -

This blog was… how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I’ve found something which helped me.

2. steroids canada August 11, 2015 at 9:33 am -

The most frequent steroid that is used is anabolic steroid.

3. clenbuterol side effects acne August 11, 2015 at 9:03 am -

Ethics approval for this study was approved by
    the human research ethics committee of the Sydney Children’s
    Hospitals Network.

4. hgh supplements August 11, 2015 at 8:53 am -

While less is known about long-term use, creatine has been associated with
    muscle personal injury and kidney problems.

5. canadian steroids laws August 11, 2015 at 6:28 am -

6. clenbuterol dosage in ml August 11, 2015 at 6:27 am -

For non-lactating cows the maximum duration of treatment is restricted to 10 days.

7. legal steroids from canada August 11, 2015 at 6:25 am -

1 such popular example for this is steroid cortisol.

8. Tiffany & co wedding rings July 22, 2015 at 5:59 pm -

Understand your alternatives with regards to the actual washing course of action your cleaners will use. Take into account the drying period, the sort of chemical substances to be used and if you are trying to find eco-friendly products for use. Knowing the process you desire, it will be possible to be able to narrow down nokia’s in order to find the one that offers that.

9. radio controlled cars top gear September 17, 2014 at 5:49 am -

Yet, Jupiter Jack costs just ten dollars and when you buy on the official website you get a second one free at
    no additional cost, so just five dollars each. Pulling out that Diamond in the Rough that
    gets everyone in the car going, “Whaaat. Besides, your regular home or car radio will not pick up the signal.

10. dating app March 30, 2014 at 7:52 pm -

Wow, marvelous blog format! How long have you ever been running
    a blog for? you make blogging look easy. The whole glance of your site is fantastic, let
    alone the content material!

11. how to bypass any survey 2012 March 27, 2014 at 4:49 am -

I every time spent my half an hour to read this weblog’s
    content every day along with a cup of coffee.

12. FileIce Survey Bypasser March 18, 2014 at 7:55 pm -

Howdy, i read your blog occasionally and i
    own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get
    a lot of spam comments? If so how do you protect against it, any plugin
    or anything you can recommend? I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy so
    any assistance is very much appreciated.

13. Ishi Lee June 20, 2012 at 8:28 pm -

I have a question my phone is Samsung 7350 I wanna turn off the 3g network because If there’s no signal in my 3g I can’t send messages. I wanna turn it off. Can someone teach me how to do it? Please? :(

14. Gaile June 8, 2012 at 1:15 pm -

What if I have samsung galaxy 5? i need to turn of edge…

15. Donnell January 23, 2012 at 3:27 am -

do this phone have camera facing user and can two phones do like video chat or facetime

16. Tony November 25, 2011 at 6:05 pm -

After doing this for a period of time, I tried to enable the data connection again by using *#*#4634#*#*, but now it won’t let me enable it. I tried sending texts and it won’t let me. How can I reverse this?

17. Faby October 24, 2011 at 9:09 pm -

u can disable like this *#301279# and 3 options will apear

18. William October 3, 2011 at 8:52 am -

I have a question, how can i save the changes i made using de dialing trick??.
    My problem is a little bit diferent, but i think i can solve it using the *#*#4634#*#* trick, because i need to conect only to 3g networks(wcdma) but i change it there and the next time i get in there is set to gsm again. so, again, how can i save the settings i change in there?? or how can i be sure the settings where changed??