Another possible fix for Kies connection problems: Kies Air

Posted on Jan 3 2011 - 3:01pm by P.Schmitz

Update: Please read our Kies Air Download and How To guide

Well this is certainly a surprise.  In an effort to probably compete with all the new WiFi syncing features present in apps like Android Manager and DoubleTwist, Samsung has released a Kies Air app for the i9000 Galaxy S device.  It allows you to view:

• call logs
  • videos
  • pictures
  • IMs
  • bookmarks

The app will also allow you to send text messages through the desktop application.  To get this on your device first download the latest version of Kies.  Now go into the Samsung Apps Market on your i9000 Galaxy S and download the Kies Air app.  Now make sure BOTH your laptop/desktop and phone are on the same WiFi connection.  From there it is only a matter of connecting to the desktop software via your mobile app.

This could be a great alternative to the problems users have faced in the past trying to get their devices to connect to the Kies software.  Unfortunately Kies is still only available for the Windows platform so you’ll have to dual boot or run a type of vmware product to take advantage of this OSX users.

Let us know how it works out for you in the comments below so we can share those experiences with our other readers and give the US variants something to look forward to ;)

[via Android Community]

1. Jimi December 12, 2013 at 9:24 am -

Same problem my browsers can’t find the URL either. This app seems to be a complete dud and waste of time.

2. Wendy September 21, 2013 at 3:53 am -

Have tried all that I should try for about 2hrs. Nothing works. Isnt there another sollution to this problem? Is it only Samsung that doesnt work? Deffinatley not a good APP. Kies realy does suck!!

3. John September 2, 2011 at 12:10 pm -

Brand new Galaxy s 2. Tried using Kies Air. Useless. none of three browsers can find the url http://192.168.1.67.8080/. So I rang Samsung and wasted an 0845 call as the guy hadnt got a clue what I was talking about. Promised to ring me back hours ago. So I tried direct WiFi Despite the phone being on my network it cant find any other devices . So another dead end. Samsung support is rubbish as is this Kies Air app. I should have stuck with Sony (

4. Anil August 27, 2011 at 2:19 am -

Am having a problem updating my Galaxy Tab to Ginger bread. After connecting to Kies and following all procedures, it starts downloading and times out between 12 and 27% download. The internet connection is fine. Anybody can suggest a way out ?

5. vijay March 19, 2011 at 8:12 pm -

kies connection problem on my pc. Samsung Shucks…

6. Barry January 5, 2011 at 11:43 am -

I have a Galaxy S Captivate and have had the unit for a couple of months. All of a sudden it has started acting rather funny. It will shut off and not be able to start up. I end up having to do the soft re boot I have read so much about. Can you please advise as to the long term solution?

Thanks, Barry