How to use Samsung Galaxy S TV out feature.

Posted on Jul 28 2010 - 2:41pm by Hansoo

Samsung Galaxy S has a TV feature as Omnia II does. While it is not HDMI like Evo 4G, it is decent feature if you would like use it for watching video or playing game on old TV doesn’t have HDMI port. Thanks to it supports most of video formats([How to]Samsung Galaxy S supporting video/Audio formats), you can enjoy video on larger screen in right a way.

How to use

1. First of all you should get a 3.5mm jack to RCA cable. It is not included in the box.

You can buy the cable at Amazon.com or ebay.com. Those are less than $4.00.

3.5mm Jack to RCA cable

Plug the Red cable in the Yellow socket(Video). – We don’t know why, but then it works well if you do so.

2. Turn TV out setting on

Setting > Sound and display  > TV out > check on ‘TV out’ , then it displays what is on the Galaxy S screen.

Reference video

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epytWcOFpYo

(Updated) Samsung sells ‘TV-out cable(Micro USB to HDMI)

Share your latest adventures by connecting your compatible SAMSUNG phone directly to your TV or home theater system to view photos, videos and slide shows with an entire room full of people. TV-Out Cable (Micro USB to HDMI)

1. Stefan August 11, 2013 at 4:47 am -

it dont appears TV-Out in my phone.. i have Samsung Galaxy S Advance.. it’s pretty new model.. and i dont have Sounds and Display , i have them separattly , Sounds / Display , anyway , i go in all of them , from wi-fi to about , and nothing TV-Out when i connect the cable on the tv..

2. Brian April 11, 2013 at 4:44 pm -

Stjepan,

If you have the Galaxy S II, you can use an MHL adapter to hook up your phone via micro USB to HDMI.

Dhurjati,

Have you tried the directions in the article? What part is not working? Do you have the appropriate cables?

3. Dhurjati Mandal April 10, 2013 at 10:10 pm -

I just realise that Galaxy Fit is hvin Tv out feature…bt i dnt knw hw to use it????? can anybody help..plz

4. Stjepan March 3, 2012 at 3:39 am -

can i connect phone samsung galaxy S to tv with usb cable??
    please tell me :D

5. Scata September 17, 2011 at 8:39 am -

if you plug the pin in your phone and the three pins at the back of a dvd device, which one goes to the tv. because the yellow socket is the tv output, but if you remove that and put your phone in it, how is the dvd connected to the tv

6. shane July 18, 2011 at 8:43 pm -

Hey i was going to buy one of the tv out cables but it didn’t work when i tried it in store so does it really work when plugging the red cable into the red socket?

7. Brian July 13, 2011 at 8:59 am -

are you referring to the hardware or software?

8. jimmy July 12, 2011 at 5:36 pm -

if my galaxy s does not have tv out can i get it for my phone???

9. Ross March 26, 2011 at 5:41 am -

This works! Thanks, I have a Galaxy S I-896 captivate and I used a Sony cable 3.5mm same thing with 3 outputs, red/white/yellow. It appears Samsung screwed up the color scheme? Idiots…

10. kurt December 3, 2010 at 12:59 am -

Does anyone know if I can use a tv out cable on my samsung galaxy portal?

11. Ram October 23, 2010 at 5:19 pm -

That is so friggin awesome!!…I’m goina get the cable from ebay, theyre $5!! Question…if you put the phone on standby will the tv screen also go off?? the reason I ask is because if you’re watching a movie will the phone have to stay on the whole time?

12. Theo October 10, 2010 at 12:10 am -

The colour of the plug/socket can be different, it depends on order of joints on the jack (those separeted by plastic on jack plug from the top to the bottom of it).