Disassembly of the Samsung Galaxy S

Posted on Jun 9 2010 - 7:48pm by Flux

Dear Samsung Galaxy S readers,

We have found a disassembly work of the Samsung Galaxy S in Mobile01.com. You may enjoy the videos below but there is more after the videos…

Samsung i9000 Disassembly

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt9XNnjAcBc&feature=player_embedded

Samsung i9000 Assembly

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gydoCVSTNFc&feature=player_embedded

Previously, we had an interesting find about an exhaustive 82 page review of the Samsung Wave written in May 11th by mobile-review.com. But it was in Russian!  However, we took time to translate it to you because is was rare material for the English-speaking public.  We carefully wrote the very best to make the author’s voice effective to the English audience.  The author’s opinions were of his own.  It was pretty successful.

We want to do this again for the Samsung Galaxy S.  But first we give all credit to Alias in Mobile01.com.  You could just go straight to the article right now and let Google Translate take care of you.  However, we believe you like to hear read it easier here… (after all, I can understand some Chinese).

Without further ado enjoy!

Alias

Article ID: 20001349
Article Date: 2010-06-04 11:56
Article Points: 15
Article Popularity: 10,846
Individual Points: 2,827

Last week, “Android Magic Ball” [this is a name] went back to Taiwan.  While there, he took the opportunity to have dinner with a group of old friends and shoot the wind.  It was a decent time.  But actually, the whole point of the trip is finally getting his hands on the Samsung i9000!

[In the photo gallery following are descriptions of each photo]

Thank you for reading.

1. deloachgregory708.wix.com May 18, 2013 at 12:11 am -

If some one needs expert view concerning running a blog afterward i advise him/her
    to pay a quick visit this blog, Keep up the good job.

2. Worship Music April 26, 2013 at 9:18 am -

Hi there! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the outstanding work!

3. Tom bell June 3, 2012 at 7:37 am -

My email is penndeltom@gmail.com.While I dont have the vibrant I do have the galaxy s 4g which is identical, just different radio and 2 cameras. My phone was on top of my van drove away it slided off into the driveway of a gas station. Tracked it down 4 hrs later with one big crack in screen. Motherboard seemed fine touchkeys volume eberything worked xept screen. So I order LCD replacement. Dis and reassembling was tedious. I couldnt believe how small the insides were. I didnt use the adhesive it came with the screen is slightly up in the lower right hand corner now barely noticeable. I do dev work on roms for phone so I noticed right away people were saying I was clipping out during conversations like every other word. I was hoping this was software/firmware based but im not being naive anymore and think its hardware. The antenna doesnt look damaged at all or the.curcuits. Anyone think I would/might need to replace the antenna, possibly other parts?

4. Shashi March 2, 2012 at 8:00 am -

hello friends my galaxy s i9003 as been dead… so finally i went to servic centr they told me tat ur mother board is been get crash so u need to upgread to new motherboad….. it cost me around 7000 thousand in Indian rupee….. i feel which is more expensiv….. my mobile working good.. thank god

5. invest liberty reserve February 28, 2012 at 2:15 am -

Disassembly of the Samsung Galaxy S I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble. You are wonderful! Thanks! your article about Disassembly of the Samsung Galaxy SBest Regards Cindy

6. Piereligio January 2, 2012 at 12:14 pm -

Hi, I unmounted my I9000 screen for sell it. It has a stuck pixel. When I reconnected the cable to the I9000 motherboard for test it before sending it, but it didn’t work.
    Screen seems perfect, and also the motherboard. I think that the screen link can be dirty, cause the touch works perfectly, also the phone, because I can unlock it and hear the unlock sound. Here I made some photos, look that the screen is brighter in every photo. http://imageshack.us/g/850/foto688.jpg/
    What do u think? Can be the link the problem?

7. RickB November 29, 2011 at 12:08 pm -

My Phone a samsung galaxy s gt i9100 unlocked, it is not working ,needs replace mother board but I do not know WHERE to oder that part, please, reply my email and tell me how and where to oder that part thanks so much.

8. vikram September 20, 2011 at 2:21 am -

hi my glaxay s 19000 is dead please tell me glaxay s motherboard price in indian rupees

9. vynguyen September 7, 2011 at 8:47 am -

Hi! There!!!
    My Phone a samsung galaxy s gt i9000 unlocked, it is not working ,needs replace mother board but I do not know WHERE to oder that part, please, reply my email and tell me how and where to oder that part thanks so much.

10. nino September 6, 2011 at 2:09 pm -

i have problem with my front speaker on my galaxy s maybe is hardware probllem ,how can i recognize it? and may i try to install a driver for it?please i need help, reply on my email thanks

11. vynguyen September 2, 2011 at 8:31 pm -

HI!THERE
    MY PHONE GALAXY S GT I9000 UNLOCKED VERSION GERMANY, IT NEED REPLACE MOTHER BOARD(JUST ORIGINAL RF-RELATED IC) PART.
    PLEASE, TELL ME HOW TO ODER THAT PART THAKS SO MUCH!

12. Johnny June 2, 2011 at 3:47 pm -

As far as the signal is concerned make sure and clean any metal to metal contacts with a glass cleaner or wipes. The grease on your fingers can interfere with the reception.

13. Johan April 14, 2011 at 11:17 pm -

Thanx for the reply. But i have installed it correctly as shown in the picture and checked everything inside several times and cant see anything damaged. I have suspected the cable but cant see anything that could couse the singal loss.

14. Brian April 14, 2011 at 6:02 pm -

Johan,

Please make sure you have installed the antenna in the correct position as shown in this picture:

15. auto scanner April 14, 2011 at 4:42 pm -

I followed this excellent guide to take apart my SGS to exchange the speakermodule couse it was broken. But when i put it all back toghether i no longer have any cellphone signal. Its no pin up to 2 pins (rare times).
    Its like i have no reception but sometimes i have it and people can call me, i hear them clearly, but i fade away and dissapear from them in the conversation.

16. Johan April 14, 2011 at 1:07 pm -

Hi!

Do you have any idea what could have happended?

Thanx!

17. petrakov December 4, 2010 at 9:51 am -

Wifi on mi galaxy s not work corecly,range ist weri low of 4 meters or router.My nokia E71 – 30 meter or router – wifi ist max signal

how to fix thes problem,my wifi/bluetooht anntena on galaxy s ist ver 2.0 024G

18. Dan October 4, 2010 at 6:10 pm -

Hi,

If anyone will ever be interested in this info, here it is:

The camera can be taken out without causing any problems, the device functions perfectly afterwards.

all the best

19. piezas October 4, 2010 at 10:56 am -

so has anyone identified the connection type for the camera module? is it a standard interface?

20. Dan September 16, 2010 at 1:43 pm -

Thanks!

21. P.Schmitz September 16, 2010 at 1:20 pm -

Dear Dan,

Thanks for the write-back, I never even thought of that, umm again I unfortunately don’t have a phone to disassemble at the moment to test this. But if anybody else out there has this phone and you follow the guide above (just document your progress with a description of where certain screws go or pictures)you can help everybody out with this question! I’ve done many disassemblies and things can get really confusing really fast if you have to go through 40 steps and you can’t remember the first 20. I also use a trick with screws by getting a piece of cardboard, and laying pieces of tape upside down that are folded on the ends to keep them attached to the cardboard, and then placing the screws on the sticky side to hold them in place while writing comments about each group with a sharpie near the piece of tape. Good luck to anybody who attempts this, and if I can get my hands on this model I’ll let you know Dan!

22. D?? September 16, 2010 at 1:11 pm -

Thanks for the quick reply!

I’m asking this question here since I don’t have this device and testing is impossible! :)

I need to remove because i’m visiting once in a while places which prohibit camera use.

23. P.Schmitz September 16, 2010 at 1:07 pm -

Dear Dan,

I don’t know if the camera module completes a necessary circuit for the device to run. If you were to take it apart carefully and remove it, then reassemble and turn it on, you could test this yourself. May I ask why you are trying to remove the camera?

24. Dan September 16, 2010 at 12:54 pm -

Hi, thanks for the tutorial!

I’m considering to purchase this gorgeous machine…

Do you know if it will function WITHOUT the camera module?

I mean, if I remove the camera modules from the device, will it function normaly?

Thank you!

25. Lanping August 30, 2010 at 10:24 am -

Very detailed video covering both Disassembly and Assembly. Smart fingure, it is very impressive ^_^

26. yohan June 11, 2010 at 9:33 pm -

thanks for the tutorial :)