Korean font for Samsung Smartphone

Posted on Jun 15 2009 - 11:58am by Hansoo
Korean font for Smartphones Korean font for Smartphones
Version V 0.9
Cost: Freeware
CareAce (Developer Info)
[ratings]

CareAce.net has made available different supporting languages for users, including Chinese, Korean and Japanese fonts. However, when it comes to the Korean font, it was previously only available on Samsung PocketPCs which did not include smartphone devices such as the Blackjack, Propel Pro and Jack. We’re pleased to launch the Korean font for Samsung Smartphone users.

Installation

It is required to unlock your phone’s securtiy to access system font area. You can do it with ClearSecurity.(Download)

After unlocking your phone, be sure to perform a soft reset and then you are ready to install the Korean font.

Features

• The font name is Sammul-chae
  • It supports some Chinese fonts that is available in Korean

Known issues

• It doesn’t supports input keybord
  • Some web sites are not supported

Have a question? Feel free to contact us.

Screenshots

koreanfont

Downlaod

Min Req: Windows Mobile 5 and 6 Smartphone
Device Tested: Samsung Blackjack
Samsung Propel Pro
Samsung Jack
Price: Freeware
Ratings [ratings]
Target Audience: You’re looking for Korean font support on your smartphone? It’s here!

[download id="5"]

1. gabriellaa October 13, 2010 at 7:35 am -

hey, i installed it onto my samsung omnia.
    but do you know how i could type in korean?

2. satomi August 4, 2010 at 9:33 pm -

It works.. I can see the korean character in my word/email but when it doesnt work in my text.
    does anyone know how to use korean character in text(short message system)?

3. kai July 19, 2010 at 7:16 pm -

that is great… i wanna try it… korean?wowh….

4. TaliaR May 3, 2010 at 12:37 am -

I really love iphone ever since.I do have one and it’s so cool to have it.Technology had really made a difference in our daily lives.We cannot deny the fact that it is connected in our daily living.Supposing that the merger is approved by everyone concerned HP, the recognized computer manufacturer, will be buying out Palm. The HP Palm merger gives the computer company the possibility to enter the mobile phone sector with the technology of the Palm Smartphone. We all know the industry is already dominated by many cell phone companies such as Nokia and Samsung, so with HP being behind the Palm name, they may just give the others a run for their cash. The iPhone has become extremely popular for years, but over the last few months, so many other phones have been being presented to the market that Apple may have to come up with something better. Good luck HP.

5. CareAce April 5, 2010 at 3:29 pm -

Sorry, it is only for Samsung Windows Mobile smartphone. It doesn’t work on Samsung highlight.

6. Hei April 5, 2010 at 2:46 pm -

Does this work on samsung highlight??

7. shinbi February 24, 2010 at 7:09 pm -

i’ve also done this, it works on email but not on internet. Still cannot read korean font when i browse on the internet.

Please help me.

8. Hansoo February 22, 2010 at 11:48 pm -

@Soojie, Unfortunately, it doesn’t work on Samsung Propel. The app is designed for Smartphone.^^
    As far as I know there is no way to show Korean font on normal phone but Smartphone.

Thank you.

9. soojie kim February 22, 2010 at 9:07 pm -

Does this work on Samsung Propel… ?
    My phone is not Samsung Propel Pro.
    Please someone help

10. Catherine February 17, 2010 at 12:31 pm -

Would this work with the Samsung Highlight?

11. iraj December 25, 2009 at 12:32 am -

hi if font korea haved is bester

12. yoshi December 20, 2009 at 1:57 am -

does it work on bell samsung omnia 2?? seems not working..

13. hansoo December 7, 2009 at 5:59 pm -

Yes, it should work on Verizon Samsung Omnia II as well. Don’t forget to turn off and on.

14. BeSerious December 7, 2009 at 5:48 pm -

Does not work for the Verizon Samsung Omnia 2.

15. shj503 November 9, 2009 at 8:42 pm -

download the file
    transfer it to your phone
    run it using file explorer

16. wong November 9, 2009 at 6:53 pm -

hi,
    i have downloaded the cab file,what do i do next?how to i transfer it to my phone?
    can you provide the step to step guide?

thank you..

17. shj503 November 9, 2009 at 6:23 pm -

yea…
    It seems to be working fine when I’m browsing web but I still can’t read my emails that are in Korean language…

18. hansoo November 9, 2009 at 5:57 pm -

It works on Propel Pro well. I have tested it several times. Have you restarted your device before using font?

19. Jun November 9, 2009 at 5:44 pm -

Did anyone try this with Propel pro?
    I just downloaded and installed both but it doesn’t seem to do anything

20. mrwangkai November 6, 2009 at 12:05 pm -

I think the best thing to do now is to at least get you to where you can still view Chinese and Japanese character. Try to uninstall this application for now. And try other alternatives when it comes to Korean language.

21. anon November 6, 2009 at 7:30 am -

oh… but what should i do? sorry i’m kind of a technical idiot :/

22. mrwangkai November 2, 2009 at 11:34 am -

@Anon, I believe the 3 languages are developed separately, which may be the reason why you are encountering conflict.

23. anon October 31, 2009 at 10:57 am -

i managed to install this successfully in my phone even without unlocking my phone’s security, but now i cannot view chinese and japanese characters that i previously could view. how can i view all three languages successfully? thanks for your help!

24. Hoon October 21, 2009 at 9:39 am -

I tried this on my HTC Pure which has a WM 6.5, it didn’t work.
    I also tried editing the registry codes which used to work on WM 6.0 to support Korean fonts, but no luck on WM 6.5.