How To Add New Fonts to your Windows Mobile Device

Posted on May 18 2009 - 12:04pm by mrwangkai

With the increasing awareness and sensitivity to typography, we are witnessing a growth in people’s preference of specific font faces. This has transpired to Windows Mobile as well, with users wanting more than the default Tahoma or Courier New.  And the good news is, this can be done fairly easily.

In order to add fonts to your Windows Mobile device, simply follow theses 5 easy steps:

1. Connect your mobile device to your PC with ActiveSync
  2. On your PC, go to C:\Windows\Font and look for the font that you would like to add into your mobile device
  3. Next you will need to open up the Mobile Device folder on your PC
  4. In that folder go to \Windows\Font\
    (It may or may not be empty.)
  5. Now you can move the fonts that you have selected from the C:\Windows\Font\ on your PC to \Windows\Font\ on your mobile device

That’s all the steps to adding the font onto your mobile device. Now, too test and see if it has been moved and activated, open up Mobile Words and go to Menu > Format > Font. And under the Font, open up the dropbox and you should see the font face that you have just added in the list.

Lastly, go back to the Mobile Words and enter the characters using the newly added font. Ta-da! You’re done!

Screenshots

1. what is a real estate agent July 20, 2013 at 6:35 pm -

Somehow I stumbled upon this website on the internet and it has been an excellent read for the material put up here.

How frequent are the updates on this website?

2. ngocnhan January 20, 2012 at 3:55 am -

3. Abu November 14, 2011 at 10:32 pm -

Hi

I want to add Ethiopic Amharic fonts to my Window mobile emulator, how can i add fonts to the emulator. when i browse the web that i developed it displays block box.

thanks in advance.

4. Alberto September 14, 2010 at 1:15 pm -

In WinVista/7, you have to use the Windows Mobile Device Center instead of ActiveSync.

5. wm6.1 developer January 21, 2010 at 9:46 am -

You can intsall the windows xp tahoma font on WM6.1 but it wont be available to your apps.

Worked on WM5.? but i guess microsoft broke it.

6. Phil October 15, 2009 at 11:16 am -

When I open my Mobile device from my PC using either ActiveSync or Explorer, the WINDOWS folder does not show up. I even set it to Show hidden files and folders…still nothing.

7. mrwangkai May 18, 2009 at 6:00 pm -

@David, let us look into the procedure for Windows Vista in place of ActiveSync for Windows XP. Will try to update this ASAP. Thanks for pointing it out.

8. David Bielby May 18, 2009 at 5:56 pm -

These instructions don’t work on a Vista machine with WM6.1 because I don’t have Active Synch on that machine. I’m pretty frustrated just trying to install a simply font file on my smart phone.