With the increasing awareness and sensitivity to typography, we are witnessing a growth in people’s preference of specific font faces. This has transpired to Windows Mobile as well, with users wanting more than the default Tahoma or Courier New. Â And the good news is, this can be done fairly easily.
In order to add fonts to your Windows Mobile device, simply follow theses 5 easy steps:
- Connect your mobile device to your PC with ActiveSync
- On your PC, go to C:\Windows\Font and look for the font that you would like to add into your mobile device
- Next you will need to open up the Mobile Device folder on your PC
- In that folder go to \Windows\Font\
(It may or may not be empty.)
- Now you can move the fonts that you have selected from the C:\Windows\Font\ on your PC to \Windows\Font\ on your mobile device
That’s all the steps to adding the font onto your mobile device. Now, too test and see if it has been moved and activated, open up Mobile Words and go to Menu > Format > Font. And under the Font, open up the dropbox and you should see the font face that you have just added in the list.
Lastly, go back to the Mobile Words and enter the characters using the newly added font. Ta-da! You’re done!