How to Improve Samsung Omnia’s Touch Screen

Posted on Mar 4 2009 - 12:26pm by Hansoo

Did you know that there is a way to make your Samsung Omnia screen calibration even more accurate? Well, if you don’t, we are here to help!

Objective

Improve screen calibration on Samsung Omnia (different from sensitivity of device)

Applicable Device(s)

Samsung Omnia

What you need

Registry Editor (such as PHM)

Registry Address

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Hardware\Devicemap\Touch

Value Name

CalibrationData

Value Data

Type in  “519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

calibration1

Registry editor

calibration2

Value data

Yeap, its technology at work here. By entering that long range of number, you have just improved the calibration on your Omnia’s Touch Screen. Amazing? Yes.

1. Rizwan September 8, 2012 at 10:28 pm -

I changed these values but nothing changed. I have Samsung Sgh-i900.
    Will changing touch sensor screen solve the problem?
    If yes then of which type or brand?

2. lashonda stevens September 2, 2011 at 3:33 pm -

i had my omnia now for six months now and i’ve been having the same problems. Now all together the screen want move or do anything . i can’t get into the menue i cant dial scroll or check my messages. what do i need to do to fix this. phones are very expensive and im tired of buying phones every 3-6 months. crying for help…

3. ainzver July 3, 2011 at 4:25 pm -

i take back my previous comment! well, actually it worked at first but then, after a while my phone lagged, which forced me to remove the battery. after i switched on my phone.. viola! everything is RUINED! the screen alignment is totally messed up. I REGRET doing this and would NEVER RECOMMEND this to anyone else. I think the only remedy i can do with this is to MASTER RESET it but then however, i will loose all my contacts and calendar information, and other files which i didn’t have backed up way before since i cannot possible press anything on the screen that works. TWO THUMBS DOWN!!!

4. ainzver July 3, 2011 at 9:23 am -

worked for my omnia 2! thanks! :)

5. Sudeep July 29, 2010 at 11:04 am -

As always, my friends at XDA developers (a free forum, but you need to register to download stuff) have the answer to this FRUSTRATING problem. I can’t believe Samsung would make something that has such an elementary problem!

Anyway, here’s the link:

It involves downloading a program called “Remote Screen Alignment”…yeah, I was doubtful at firs, too…but man, it worked like magic! I had done a hard reset on my phone, and then couldn’t get past the alignment screen. So, according to the instructions on the site, I connected my phone to the PC…ActiveSync started up (I thought it wouldn’t, but it did)…I had already installed the Remote Screen Alignment program on my PC, so I opened it up…it recognized my phone, and gave me a few options for alignment…I selected “Skip Alignment”…it asked me if I was sure, I said yes…and then my phone automatically rebooted and sailed past the alignment screen!

Hope it works for everyone!

6. memoric July 17, 2010 at 5:54 am -

Replace Omnia with iphone?
    Are you retard? Well, that
    was a rhetorical question.
    Omnia simply RULEZ, but I
    understand that it has too
    much power for some people
    to handle…

7. besart February 14, 2010 at 12:18 pm -

hey i have samsung omnia 8gb and its in chzec language and i have a problem it says : kalibrace
    dotknete se pavne a presne vilove plochy na vsech mistech displeje.Cilova plocha se bude pohybovat,dokud displej nebude zkalibrovany. can anyone help it ?? please the phone doesent start without fixing it :(

8. xiaowanzi December 27, 2009 at 10:07 pm -

Hi there! Need help with my new Omnia 2!!

Apparently the screen doesn’t rotate to landscape when i turn it around. This problem applies to Messaging and all others. But it works well for photos.

Please help!

9. mrwangkai December 22, 2009 at 12:13 pm -

@anne, to undo, just go to the Remove Program setting and uninstall the Improve Omnia Touchscreen.

10. anne December 22, 2009 at 5:38 am -

how can i undo it.

11. Anusha November 18, 2009 at 7:55 pm -

@MRWANGKAI
    Can you point me to the seller you ordered the touch screen from? And how much did it cost?
    Thanks.

12. mrhanman October 31, 2009 at 5:05 am -

I have the same problem with the touch screen after i cracked the lcd screen underneath and had it replaced.Ive just ordered a new touch screen off ebay as I think i may have “creased” the touch screen even though there is no visible damage.As they sell replacement touch screens on ebay I assume that this is a common problem.Will let you know if it fixes the problem.

13. mrwangkai October 23, 2009 at 11:21 am -

@Naven, try going to Settings then System tab and finally under the “general tab” choose “Align Screen”. But it does sound like you are having trouble even using the touchscreen. If the above instruction doesn’t work, you may have to hard-reset your Omnia. Do let us know if you’re resort to doing that.

14. Naven October 23, 2009 at 1:18 am -

Hi i am from Malaysia.I don’t know what the hell is wrong with my omnia.
    Why cant i use my finger to touch the screen.
    I need to use my finger nail to tab anything in the screen.Is it normal?Cause i spend RM2900 for this damn phone,which is quite expensive here.How can i fix that problem.I tried your software but it never work.Pls help me.My friends i phone are making me jealous.

15. DK October 14, 2009 at 11:21 am -

Hi, I tried the code and my Omnia touch screen sensitivity is a lot improved. thanks for this tip.

16. Rudi August 18, 2009 at 1:00 pm -

It is such a dissapointment this Omnia. Everything was all right, until the screen alignment got screwed up.
    It is supposed that for 800 uss dollars it shouldn’t happend. Honestly, I am trying to repair it and sell it asap. I will go for a more stable phone like Iphone or Blackberry.

17. Edge August 15, 2009 at 10:09 am -

Works like a charm. What this does is this: You all remember the 5 crosses asked when you first start your phone, right? Well, let’s assume those 5 crosses have each some precise coordinates in X and Y. Now, by pressing with your fingers or even with your stylus, you might not hit those exact “coordonates”. All this does is making the phone think you the hit the 5 crosses right in the middle, and that pretty much increases senzitivity. As I said, works great.

18. mrwangkai June 21, 2009 at 10:32 pm -

@pcomnia, may I know which Omnia version you’re using so we can look into the issue. Sorry about the inconvenience.

19. pcomnia June 21, 2009 at 11:09 am -

that code F**** my omnia !!!! cant touch the screen at all thanks!@

20. bobby March 18, 2009 at 7:22 am -

doesn’t really do anything. all calibrations should be done on a per phone basis.